K-9 Wilderness Responder
November 11 - November 12 2017 @ Bozeman, MT | Host: K9 MEDIC
We ask K9s to defend us, to find us, to go before us in times of danger and in extreme conditions. Their mission is to serve, protect and save people. And yet, who will protect them in THEIR time of need?
- Are you a K9 Handler looking to provide the best wilderness emergency field care for your 4 legged partner?
- Are you looking for strategies on how to better listen to and support your K9s ongoing needs throughout your training, mission and down times? For example can you tell when your K9 is thirsty and how to encourage them to drink more?
- Are you concerned that your veterinary training is clinic-based, not field-ready, and doesn’t address the realities of your most common scenarios?
For SAR Medical
- Are you part of a SAR team tasked with supporting the entire operation, but unsure how best to care for the 4-legged members of your team?
- Are you concerned that your veterinary training is clinic-based, and doesn’t address the realities of your most common remote wilderness scenarios
- Are you looking for ways to increase your scope of practice with advanced techniques, invasive procedures and a whole new species
- Need a few more EMS CE credits for that upcoming renewal?
This program includes handling K9 emergencies in both conventional and remote/wilderness environments, so you’ll be prepared to respond wherever and whenever you need to. Topics range from safe K9 handling and comprehensive assessments to treating the most common emergencies such as heat stroke, bloat/GDV and airway obstructions, as well as trauma massive bleeding and falls.
K9 MEDIC Website | 1-855-4K9-MEDIC